Thursday 24 October 2013

Write Me A Letter


Letter To Grace

I am calling for participants to write me a letter!
I am a final year university arts student, and looking at how for my generation with emails, texts and social media, letter writing is rapidly decreasing – with many young people never having received a hand written letter. I am trying to encourage people to write to me, the letter can be about any subject, topic, it can be as short or as long as you wish, personal or factual – there are no set guidelines, all I want is to receive a handwritten letter.

I am intending to use the letter to produce a piece of photography work for my current project, exploring the materiality of the letters themselves, as well as taking inspiration from the writing included. Get project updates via twitter https://twitter.com/lettertograce

The address to send letters to is :
Letter to Grace , C/O Photography
School of Art Design and Media
Faculty of Arts
University of Brighton
Grand Parade
BRIGHTON
BN2 0JY

I will be blogging as the project progresses, documenting the journey and sharing images of my work. I will be so grateful if you could contribute by writing a letter, and spread the word!


No comments:

Post a Comment